Who we are
For over 30 years, TrueNet Communications has worked hand in hand with our clients to plan, engineer & design, implement, and support their communications infrastructure. Its been an amazing journey. Yesterday’s legacy copper and coaxial plant has evolved into today’s broadband wired and wireless infrastructure capable of supporting speeds in excess of one gigabit per second. And, as the infrastructure grew ever more sophisticated so did TrueNet’s capability – from Mylar pen and ink drawings to CAD-based platforms spatially-enabled to design fiber, HFC, and twisted-pair communications networks and pinpoint the location of every client field asset. Today, TrueNet performs work in virtually every state in the U.S. yet proudly stays true to its heritage of providing services of extraordinary value. TrueNet Communications – Building Tomorrow’s Infrastructure Today!
Our Experience & Resources
Experience matters. TrueNet’s client list includes leading cable MSOs, wireline carriers, international network OEMs and enterprises. We perform work for our clients from coast to coast ranging from business-as-usual cable plant design and engineering to designing, implementing and supporting metro, state, regional and national networks. We’re proud of the work we do and hope it shows. Please visit the other sections of our web site to learn more about our core services and some of the projects we’ve completed for our clients that are highlighted in our section “Featured Work.”
With over 300 associates on staff and hundreds more available through our staff augmentation services, TrueNet has the ability to scale to meet virtually any size project. While we have specialized teams for each of our market segments, our clients benefit from our ability to synergistically allocate the necessary resources to tackle even the most complex, technologically advanced projects.
Our Core Principals
To be America’s most highly regarded network infrastructure services company by delivering a superior customer experience.
- Customer Focus: Without customers no company can exist. We achieve our vision of delivering a superior customer experience by meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers
- Trust: Ethical behavior is paramount to everything we do. It is at the heart of our relationships with our customers, partners, contractors and fellow employees.
- Teamwork: Successful corporations are built through the collaborative efforts of all employees. We appreciate and value each team member’s contribution in achieving our common goals.
- Respect: We foster a workplace environment, rich in diversity, where mutual respect and courtesy is extended to every member of our corporate family.
- Responsibility: Every day we make commitments that are required to fulfill our business obligations. Once we make a commitment, we are accountable for delivering as promised. We strive to never make commitments we cannot meet, nor once a commitment is made, knowingly fail to commit the resources necessary to achieve it.
- Unrelenting Quest for Excellence: We seek to be the benchmark by which other companies in our industry are judged by encouraging and nurturing new ideas built on a foundation of industry best practices.
The reputation and integrity of TrueNet Communications are invaluable assets that are vital to our Company’s long-term success. Our Company has a reputation for providing market-leading services of extraordinary value, for our ability to successfully execute our client’s most complex projects and for operating with the highest level of integrity. These elements are unalterably linked and comprise an important component of our corporate culture and our Company’s success.
Our Code of Conduct sets the tone for how we do business at our Company and applies to all Company employees and contractors such as independent subcontractors, consultants and agents who, by contractual agreement, act on our behalf. Each employee of the Company is responsible for conducting the Company’s business in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to the highest standards of integrity, free from even the appearance of impropriety and to adhere to our Code of Conduct standards each and every day.
Our Code of Conduct
- We will conduct our business with integrity and honesty
- We will respect and value our customers, our partners and each other
- We will foster a safe and productive workplace
- We will safeguard and respect customer information
- We will deliver on our commitments
At TrueNet Communications the safety and health of our employees, our subcontractors, and our clients is integral to everything we do. TrueNet is committed to providing a work environment where safety and health are incorporated into every task every day without exception and to the development of a mindset where every injury is preventable.
Safety First Philosophy
Our Safety First philosophy is based upon the following principles:
- All accidents, incidents, and injuries are preventable
- All workplace hazards can be safeguarded
- Preventing accidents, incidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses is everyone’s responsibility individually and collectively
- Working safely is a condition of employment
- Safety training is an integral component of our overall safety culture
- Field management and supervisors are responsible for making certain that their employees and subcontractors have all necessary and appropriate safety training
- Occupational safety and health is part of every employee’s total job performance.
- Accident prevention is good business.
When you come to the TrueNet Communications web site, we log your current Internet address (this is usually a temporary address assigned by your internet service provider when you log in), the type of operating system you are using, and the type of browser software used. In addition, we may keep track of what areas of our web site you visit. This information helps us improve our site and ensure that the information you need is easy to access. While we track this information about the technology you are using, we do not identify who you are. You will remain anonymous to our system unless you choose to tell us who you are. For example, when you submit a question via our e-mail submit form or submit your resume for consideration of employment, this information is kept confidential and only disclosed to those who may be able to help answer your question or consider you for employment within the company. We do not disclose your personal information to other companies who intend to sell their products or services to you. For example, we will not sell your name or e-mail address to a direct-marketing company.
In 1985 when two young outside plant engineers, James True and Mike Vance, working as independent contractors to BellSouth fulfilled their entrepreneurial dreams and founded Truevance, a Jacksonville Florida based company, to provide OSP engineering design and drafting services to the telecommunications industry, the first client that signed on for their services was BellSouth. What attracted BellSouth and others was not the company’s founders’ entrepreneurial zeal, even though there was plenty of that, but rather their vision: To become the preferred partner of our customers in everything we do by providing market-leading services of extraordinary value. In 1985 this meant that Truevance became one of the first companies in the industry to offer Computer Aided Design (CAD) and drafting services. The founders also strongly believed that growth would come from developing a culture built on strong core values. This emphasis on strong core values with its customer focus and quest for excellence drove an unprecedented attention to quality and quickly catapulted Truevance to the forefront among its peers. As the company’s reputation grew, so did its list of clients and the services it provided.
By 1992, the company’s success attracted the attention of a group of investors who bought a majority interest in Truevance and provided much needed capital to accelerate growth. Over the next 10 years through a combination of both organic growth and strategic acquisitions, the company became one of the dominant national players in the industry. Enterprise Services was added in the mid 1990’s while Truevance’s expansion into broadband services occurred in the late 1990’s with the purchase of STG Engineering from its majority owner Mark Lampke.
After years of blistering growth the market slowed and in 2002, James True and Mark Lampke were able to purchase Truevance from its current owners and take the company private. Their timing was impeccable. Demand for Truevance’s core services quickly returned to normal and provided an opportunity for them to once again aggressively expand the company.
After almost ten years, Jim and Mark believed the time had come to once again bring in outside investors to take the company to the next level. It was fortuitous timing. River Associates Investments, a mid-market private equity firm based in Chattanooga, TN, was looking to invest in companies with high growth potential in the infrastructure market. In March 2011, Truevance and its subsidiary, TBW Solutions, were purchased by River who created a holding company, TrueNet Communications, Inc, for those investments. Shortly afterwards a third company, Tampa Florida based CCE Services, was purchased and added to the holding company. In July 2012, Truevance was renamed TrueNet Communications Corp and CCE Services was merged into the company.
In 2015, TrueNet is celebrating its 30th anniversary. Much has changed in the 30 years since two young OSP Engineers combined their resources and last names to create a company whose reach now extends across North America. As a result, we have articulated a new Vision that, while firmly anchored in our heritage, focuses on our next 30 years, “To be America’s most highly regarded network infrastructure services company by delivering a superior customer experience.” It is our heritage, and it is our future.